Tuesday 21 February 2012

On Installation and Art

When creating my artwork, I realized that my messages and ideas, could only truly come across in an exhibition installation and as separate pieces, the messages would maybe be lost or interpreted differently. This is not an issue for me, only an observation that I believe important to reflect on.

Usually installation art is large, three-dimensional and interactive. My works so far do not categorize in all these fields and therefore, are not essentially installation art. However, I think the fact I am regarding the exhibition more than the individual piece is showing that the collection of work is more important to conveying my message than the individual. Perhaps the exhibition should be more important to the artist than the individual work, this way, the artist is acting as curator as s/he develops their ideas and art, making the collection more whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment