Sunday 24 June 2012

More visual inspiration for upcoming series

Having the upcoming series of works on my mind that will be attributed to human equality and human rights, I have stumbled upon imagery that inspires my current ideas and gives me more. 


Photo by Zamil

I enjoy the double impact idea, which I am currently considering for my equality series and the juxtaposed emotion presented. Beautiful light and composition. Although, I am considering using the medium of oil paint, perhaps photography is a more suitable medium for my concept. There is also the option of photorealism through painted portraiture.

Photo by Zamil

Photo by Zamil


"New York Movie"
Edward Hopper (American, 1882–1967)

1939. Oil on canvas, 32 1/4 x 40 1/8" (81.9 x 101.9 cm). Given anonymously to MoMA.

This image is most mysterious and intriguing. There is an obvious narrative taking place and I truly enjoy the separation between sense of setting and the highlighting of the main subject. This has fuelled my desire to create a portrait of Mrs. Gladwyn K. Bush and her home, which is being preserved as part of Cayman's artistic history. This particular piece, I'd like to create for the Ogier Award 2013, as the property may become open to the public in early 2013. I will have to contact her next of kin (son) for images to use for the portrait and take photos of her house on south sound road. 
http://www.artscayman.org/mind-s-eye

No comments:

Post a Comment